Balcony and garden in June, 10 season tips
Take full advantage of its small outdoor space is part of the pleasures of the month. The balcony and the garden in June are indeed the place of many pleasant moments like basking in the sun or enjoying the longest evenings of the year. So that your little piece of greenery is on top all summer and the following months, here are 10 tips of season useful to follow.
10 tips for a beautiful garden in June
In June, everything grows (weeds too, alas!). This is the ideal month to enjoy the show offered by our gardens , balconies and other patios in bloom! As it is good to always have a little advance, here are some useful tips to follow for the show to last as long as possible:
- Water preferably in the evening. If the soil is dry, remember to hoe to avoid a crust is formed (this is also true for pots and planters!). This will facilitate the infiltration of water (hoeing is worth watering!) And the roots of the plants will be aerated. Find the tips for easy and efficient watering and consider installing a timer, essential accessory for a simplified watering of the garden in June and all summer.
- Compose your floral decorations of balcony, terrace or windowsill thanks to these 12 ideas of flowerpots for the summer . Water them regularly and give them organic fertilizer to support flowering. For potted plants, think of the fertilizer sticks, so practical to use!
- Prune shrubs such as mock défleuris, deutzia or spirea. At the same time, it rejuvenates them. It’s also a good time to carve boxwood .
- Regularly maintain your garden area in June. Remove the dried foliage from the spring bulbs. Cut the faded flowers of the hemerocallis , anthemis or rosebushes to encourage new bloom. Weed massive, flowerbeds and vegetable garden.
- Finish the size of citrus ( orange , lemon , kumquats ..) if you have not done it yet. Do not forget to make regular contributions of organic fertilizer (the vegetable fertilizer is perfect) to have beautiful fruits and abundant foliage!
- Sow parsley , basil , chervil or dill in place . Aromatic plants are a must in all small gardens! If you do not have a garden, a mini vegetable garden on a window sill is possible too!
- Sow annual flowers that will bloom from summer until autumn and sometimes even until the first frosts. Think of the alysses , the cosmos , the nigella of Damascus , the poppies or the worries , so easy to sow in place!
- In the kitchen garden , think of disbanding the tomato feet so as to favor the fruits. Intervene above the 3rd or 4th bouquet of fruits.
- Place a mulch at the foot of the plants to save water. This technique has the advantage of limiting evaporation and reducing the appearance of weeds. The advice is valid for both in-ground planting and for growing in pots.
- Stake and paw the climbing plants. It helps them to stand up straight and resist the wind. Place the guardian before installing the plant for greater strength and to avoid damaging the roots. Attach the young shoots and twining stems with soft links that will guide them without hurting them.
Throughout the year, there is always something to do to maintain or beautify your garden space ! But we must also enjoy especially that the garden in June offers us multiple opportunities to do so. Lunch on the terrace, siesta in the shade, reading or picking flowers are some of the little pleasures the garden has to offer in June!
PS : If you want to realize your dream of small garden , do not hesitate to take a tour through the shop My Little Garden . You will find landscaping tips and all products suitable for small gardens!