Take full advantage of its small outdoor space is part of the pleasures of the month. The balcony or the garden in June are indeed the places of many pleasant moments like basking in the sun or enjoying the longest evenings of the year. So that your little piece of greenery is on top all summer and the following months, here are 10 tips of season useful to follow.
10 tips for a beautiful balcony or garden in June
In June, everything grows (weeds too, alas!). This is the ideal month to enjoy the show offered by our gardens , balconies and other patios in bloom! As it is good to always have a little advance, here are some useful tips to follow for the show to last as long as possible:
- Water preferably in the evening. If the soil is dry, remember to hoe to avoid a crust is formed (this is also true for pots and planters!). This will facilitate the infiltration of water (hoeing is worth watering!) And the roots of the plants will be aerated. Find tips for easy and effective watering the balcony or garden in June and all summer. In addition, water the plants from the balcony and terrace is a breeze with an extensible hose that extends and retracts alone!
- Compose your floral decorations of balcony, terrace or windowsill thanks to these 12 ideas of flowerpots for the summer . Then water them regularly and give them organic fertilizer to support flowering. For potted plants, think of the fertilizer sticks, so practical to use!
- Prune shrubs such as mock défleuris, deutzia or spirea. In addition, the size allows at the same time to rejuvenate them. It’s also a good time to prune boxwood and give them a nice shape.
- Regularly maintain your garden area in June. Thus, it is advisable to regularly clean your outdoor plants. So, it’s time to remove the dried foliage from the spring bulbs. Similarly, remember to cut the faded flowers of daylilies , anthemis or roses to promote a new flowering. Finally, weed massive, flower beds and vegetable garden.
- Finish the size of citrus ( orange , lemon , kumquats ..) if you have not done it yet. In addition, do not forget to make regular inputs of organic fertilizer (the garden fertilizer is perfect). This is indeed the best way to have beautiful fruits and abundant foliage!
- Sow parsley , basil , chervil or dill in place . Indeed, aromatic plants are a must in all small gardens. And if you do not have a garden, a mini vegetable garden on a window sill is possible too!
- Sow annual flowers that will bloom from summer until autumn and sometimes even until the first frosts. For that, think of the alysses , the cosmos , the nigelle of Damascus , the poppies or the worries , so easy to sow in place!
- In the kitchen garden , think of disbanding the tomato feet so as to favor the fruits. For this, intervene above the 3rd or 4th bouquet of fruits.
- Place a mulch at the foot of the plants to save water. This technique has the advantage of limiting evaporation and reducing the appearance of weeds. The advice is valid for both in-ground planting and for growing in pots
- Stake and paw the climbing plants. So you help them stand up straight and resist the wind. Place the guardian before installing the plant for greater strength and to avoid damaging the roots. Then attach the young shoots and twining stems with soft links that will guide them without hurting them.
Throughout the year, there is always something to do to maintain or beautify your garden space ! But we must also enjoy especially that balcony and garden in June offer us multiple opportunities to do so. Lunch on the terrace, siesta in the shade, reading or picking flowers are some of the little pleasures that our garden area holds for us in June!
PS: If you want to realize your dream of small garden, do not hesitate to take a tour through the shop My Little Garden . You will find landscaping tips and all products suitable for small gardens!