Does the family get bigger? Are you going to have your first child? Surely there are many preparations that you have in mind. Ropita, toys, stroller and most importantly, his bedroom. Preparing the baby’s bedroom is something exciting, perhaps the most beautiful thing that a future mother lives. However, you should know that there are different types of cribs , and it is worth finding out a little, especially when it comes to furniture as important as the crib. Below we will give you some tips on how to choose the baby’s crib .
How to choose the baby’s crib
We will show you a series of security measures, as well as the different types of cribs you can find in the market, so you can choose well. The sooner you start to inform yourself, the better. Even if you’re not buying the baby’s crib tomorrow miso.
The classic cribs are the typical ones that we all have in mind. Cots with bars, of different materials, from wood to metal, that the baby can use until approximately 2 years, at which time they must go to bed. Some models come with the option of two levels, to be able to place the mattress a little higher when the baby is very small, and thus avoid having to bend over to attend to the child.
You may also be interested: .
Convertible cribs or evolutionary cribs are a very interesting option. These cribs have an extra option, their bars are removable, so when the child is ready to move to the “older” bed, as simple as removing them and turning that crib into bed. In addition to the space for the baby to sleep, these cradles usually incorporate drawers or shelves that make them even more functional.
The great advantage of this type of crib is obvious, saving money . You will not have to buy a bed (at least for a good time), as the convertible crib will be accompanying your child in its growth.
Co-sleeping cribs are very fashionable. Yes, taking into account the advantages of co-sleeping in the raising of children, it is not surprising that they are quite widespread. The truth is that you can find a lot of these mini cribs in the baby supply stores . They are cribs that only have bars on three sides. In the other, not, and this is because that side is the one used to adapt it to the parents’ bed. Normally they usually go with an extra railing to be able to convert it at any given time into a conventional crib. They have wheels (like many other models) and adapt without problems to any type of bed.
You may also be interested: .
You may also be interested:
Practicunas are very useful to move from one place to another. With this type of crib, baby can sleep anywhere. Usually foldable, lightweight and stored occupy very little space. Others are not collapsible but they are easy to transport. Some also incorporate a removable changer , making them ideal for traveling with the baby.
Types of cribs: security measures
Regardless of the model of cradle you choose, there are some security measures that you should always keep in mind:
- The cradle you choose must always comply with the regulations in your country. The new ones usually fulfill it without problem, but it is worth reviewing it, especially if it is an inherited crib.
- The material of the cribs must be free of paint, lacquers or varnishes that contain lead or are toxic. Keep in mind that the child may bite or suck parts of the structure. In addition, try to be cribs with a rounded finish, as the sharp edges or peaks can be dangerous.
- If they have wheels, always apply the brake to prevent them from sliding.
- The bars must have blunt edges, in addition, they should be separated by a maximum of 6 cm to prevent children from putting their heads.
- The mattress will have to be rigid and very resistant. In addition, you must have several positions to facilitate access to the baby when it is smaller. For its part, the mattress does not have to be excessively rigid and its height should be about 10 cm, approximately. In addition, it will have to be well fitted to avoid gaps.
Maybe you’re interested in reading: .
We hope this information is good for you and helps you decide for one of the different types of cribs you will find in the market. If you liked the article, we would love for you to share it on your social networks. Thanks for following us!