July in the garden or on the balcony
The first thing to do in July in the garden or on the balcony is to enjoy the summer! Meals outdoors, idleness or nap in the shade are of course in the program. Harvesting and maintenance are also part of the little pleasures July has in the garden. In 10 simple actions , make sure you have a beautiful summer in your little outdoor area!
The 10 tips to follow in July in the garden or on the balcony
When summer comes, we have only one desire, to laze quietly while admiring the beautiful summer blooms . We must not deprive ourselves! Moreover, the little things to do in July in the garden as on the balcony, represent rather moments of recreation and pleasure. July in the garden can be summed up in 10 parentheses gardening !
- Pick the aromatic herbs that will enhance your salads and summer dishes. At the same time, take advantage of it to make reservations for the winter. Indeed, chives , parsley , basil , chervil , tarragon or mint are perfectly preserved once frozen. Collect leaf-by-leaf species forming a bush ( basil , mint , oregano …).
Be sure to cut over a row of leaves with buds of renewal. Learn more about herbs, queens of the urban vegetable garden .
- Cut the chives flush if the foliage softens or fades. Thus, healthy young leaves will appear. In case of drought, the tuft will rest but it will start again in autumn.
- Dry the bay leaves with sauce , rosemary , mint or verbena lemongrass . This is an opportunity to make a good size and in addition, this winter, you will appreciate to find these precious summer perfumes!
- Prune lavender flush after bloom to keep it dense. After the cut, it will look a little sad but it will form new shoots that will replenish it. Take the opportunity to make bouquets to dry. Lavender can be grown in pots, but it must be alone because another plant will perish with it! Learn more about lavender easy to grow .
- Celebrate autumn daisies and asters . Cut the stems 10 cm from the head to encourage the start of new branches. This is indeed the guarantee of getting a more abundant flowering this autumn.
- Plan for a small cleaning size for shrubs that have bloomed in late spring or early summer. Spirea , snowball , weigela or syringat are concerned!
- Guide and attach the shoots of climbing plants such as clematis or honeysuckle . Indeed, from August the stems will harden and it will be more difficult to tackle them.
- Put your little garden in light . For this, install discrete points of light so as to highlight your massive and enjoy it from your terrace. Solar lighting or nomadic lighting, without binding cables, make it easy to invite light into the garden for summer evenings .
- Fertilize the garden and potted plants regularly with a natural fertilizer . You will improve the production of flowers and vegetables in your small garden for your enjoyment throughout the summer!
- Water preferably early in the morning while plants and water have close temperatures. The evening watering is indicated in case of heat wave because it allows to limit the evaporation. In addition, do not hesitate to put a mulch at the foot of your crops to maintain the freshness of the soil. Also consider incorporating water-retaining grains into the soil to reduce watering! Use all the tips for easy and effective watering .
These 10 simple tips to follow in July in the garden will help maintain your small outdoor space. All you have to do now is sit on an armchair, bench or chaise-longue or set the table and hang the lanterns to enjoy your little piece of nature!